|Posted on Jan 03, 2011 05:01:52 PM | Linda Cureton | 5 Comments ||
I said I wasn’t going to do it, but here I go anyway – making New Year Resolutions. But, it is a good time of the year to be reflective by thinking of the past year and looking forward to the coming year. Anyway, here are a few:
1. Be more appreciative of criticism.
2. Be more indebted to truth and love.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask more people for help.
4. Don’t be afraid to help more people.
5. Eat a wee bit of chocolate and listen to the sound of music every day.
6. Do a wee bit of exercise and listen to the sounds of silence every day.
7. Learn as much as I can about leadership.
8. Teach as much as I can about leadership.
9. Laugh more and cry less.
10. Do more with less.
1. Be more appreciative of cloud computing and virtualization.
2. Be more accountable especially in customer service.
3. Don’t oversell and under deliver.
4. Be a better member of the Executive Team.
5. Celebrate success more often.
6. Walk around to talk to folks that work for me and get out to Centers often.
7. Learn as much as I can about followership.
8. Learn as much as I can about servanthood.
9. Send fewer emails.
10. Get more value out of information technology.
I wonder how I will do …
Linda Cureton, CIO, NASA
Tags : CIO Leadership, General Leadership