North Pole, Canada H0H 0H0
I’ve been a good girl this year. I made very good progress filling vacancies on my staff and hired a very nice little boy for CTO for IT and the sweetest little girl in the world for Deputy CIO. I have a hardworking tyke for Associate CIO and two others are working hard too and they want to make the good little boys and girls and NASA very, very happy.
And Santa, as I said, I’ve been a very, very good girl this year. I ate my vegetables, my proteins, and didn’t eat too many of those yucky carbohydrates and sweets. But Santa, even though I got two speeding tickets this year and checked email on my smartphone way too much, I didn’t do them both at the same time! So, I think that’s ok, right?
Anyway, Santa, I’d like it very, very much if you would grant my wishes this year because I’ve been a very, very, very good girl this year. And I made my list short, so that you and the elves won’t have to work so hard. Here it is:
· I’d like a smartphone that can last all day without needing another charge.
· I’d like to actually be selected from a waitlist for an upgrade on my next flight to one of the NASA Centers in California.
· And Santa Baby, I’d sit on your lap for a shower cap in hotels because this little girl does not have wash-and-wear hair.
· I’d like a local area Network for NASA – just one though. Ok, maybe three. Oh, Santa Dear, can it be secure and flexible – just like a metal Slinky, but better? And real big so it can stretch across the world.
· Oh, Santa, I need a ginormous amount of inexpensive, reliable storage so that the smart little girls and boys at NASA can store their science data.
Santa, I know many of the little boys and girls ask for easy things like “peace on Earth” and “an end to poverty and hunger”, but I need to ask one last humongous (apparently) thing – please? Pretty please? I’d give up the shower cap and take a dead smartphone if I had to … this is it …
· Can I PLEASE have an Enterprise Calendaring solution that actually works? Not for me, but for the good little girls and boys at NASA. Please?
Thanks Santa, I love you very, very, very, very much. Just in case, I left you two fingers of Jack and Coke, neat and two of my homemade sweet potato rolls.
The Good Little CIO of NASA
Washington, DC 20546