The high-fidelity space simulation HERA is recruiting participants for the two remaining missions of 2017 (Campaign 4). These missions are full-scale simulated mission to an asteroid lasting 45 days (68 days including training and debriefing). Information and requirements are posted below. For more details, or to apply, please:
email: email@example.com or call: (281) 212-1492
- Location: Johnson Space Center
- Environment: Closed Habitat
- Hazards Tested: Isolation, light and dark cycles, distance from Earth
- Description: HERA is a unique three-story habitat designed to serve as an analog for isolation, confinement, and remote conditions in exploration scenarios.
- Research: Studies suitable for this analog include behavioral health and performance assessments, communication and autonomy studies, human factors evaluations, and medical capabilities assessments.
- Age: 30-55
- No medications or dietary restrictions
- BMI of 29 or less
- 74 inches in height, or less
- No History of sleepwalking
- A Masters Degree in a technical field such as science, engineering or mathematics, or the equivalent experience.