The interim cryogenic propulsion stage (ICPS) completed its approximately 18-minute trans-lunar injection (TLI) burn and the spacecraft has separated from the stage. Orion fired its auxiliary thrusters to move a safe distance away from the expended stage and the spacecraft is on its way to the Moon.
NASA will hold a postlaunch news conference at 5 a.m. EST today from Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Participants are:
- Bill Nelson, NASA administrator
- Mike Sarafin, Artemis mission manager, NASA Headquarters
- Mike Bolger, Exploration Ground Systems Program manager, Kennedy
- John Honeycutt, Space Launch System Program manager, Marshall
- Howard Hu, Orion Program manager, NASA’s Johnson Space Center
- Emily Nelson, chief flight director, Johnson