The SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft carrying NASA astronauts Michael Hopkins, Victor Glover, and Shannon Walker, along with Soichi Noguchi of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency on their way to the International Space Station has safely reached orbit, and the nosecone has been opened.
At 9:30 p.m., NASA will host a postlaunch news conference from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center. Participants in the briefing will be:
- NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine
- Kathy Lueders, associate administrator for human exploration and operations, NASA Headquarters
- Hiroshi Sasaki, vice president and director general, JAXA’s Human Spaceflight Technology Directorate
- Steve Dickson, administrator, Federal Aviation Administration
- Gwynne Shotwell, president and chief operating officer, SpaceX
NASA Television and the agency’s website will air the news conference. Mission commentary will switch to NASA TV’s Media Channel.
Follow along with mission activities and get more information at: https://blogs.nasa.gov/spacestation/. Learn more about commercial crew and space station activities by following @Commercial_Crew, @space_station, and @ISS_Research on Twitter as well as the Commercial Crew Facebook, ISS Facebook and ISS Instagram accounts.