Launch Weather 20 Percent ‘Go’ For Saturday

Meteorologists with the U.S. Air Force 30th Space Wing predict a 20 percent chance of favorable weather for liftoff of United Launch Alliance’s Atlas V rocket with NASA’s Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport (InSight) spacecraft. The overall probability of violation will be 80 percent with the Range Safety constraint of launch visibility being the only area of concern.

The InSight launch is scheduled for Saturday, May 5, at 4:05 a.m. PDT/7:05 a.m. EDT from Space Launch Complex 3 at Vandenberg Air Force Base in Central California.