56 Soyuz (56S) Anomaly Follow Up: Following yesterday’s launch anomaly, the 56S crew returned to Moscow after medical evaluations in Baikonur, Kazakhstan. Roscosmos has created an investigative commission to look into the booster anomaly. In addition, Energia has formed a commission to find ways to improve performance and reliability of the Soyuz launch escape system. ISS Increment Teams are actively replanning activities as a result of the launch anomaly.
HII Transfer Vehicle (HTV)-7 Cargo Transfer: The crew continued HTV-7 cargo transfer operations today. Ground specialists estimate approximately 10 hours remain to complete transfer.
Myotones Measurements: A crewmember performed skin marking and measurements with the Myotones Device. Data was then transferred to the laptop. Myotones investigation observes the biochemical properties of muscles during long-term exposure to the spaceflight environment. Results from this investigation are expected to provide insight into principles of human resting muscle tone, which could lead to the development of new strategies for alternative treatments for rehabilitation both on Earth and for future space missions.
Sextant Navigation: The Crew performed the sixth Sextant Navigation session using the Star, planet and Moon Limb sighting. . The primary science objective of sighting using the method of lunar distances was fully accomplished. This session also served to rehearse the technique that will be used for Orion lunar navigation. Astronauts onboard the ISS test a hand-held sextant that is intended for use on future Orion exploration missions. The results from this investigation can aid in the development of emergency navigation methods for future manned spacecraft. Historically, Gemini missions in 1965-66 were the first to exercise sextant sightings from a spacecraft. A sextant was built into Apollo vehicles as a navigation backup in case of lost communications.
Basic Express Rack #10B Locker remove: Lockers were removed from the newly installed Basic Express Rack 10B and stowed in new locations. EXpedite the PRocessing of Experiments for Space Station (EXPRESS) Racks are multipurpose payload rack systems that store and support research aboard the ISS. The EXPRESS Racks support science experiments in any discipline by providing structural interfaces, power, data, cooling, water, and other items needed to operate science experiments in space.
Time Perception in Microgravity: Time Perception in Microgravity: The crew performed a Time perception session. The accurate perception of objects in the environment is a prerequisite for spatial orientation and reliable performance of motor tasks. Time is fundamental to motion perception, sound localization, speech, and fine motor coordination.
NanoRacks Platform 3 Relocate: The NanoRacks Platform 3 was relocated from Express Rack 4 to Express Rack 10B. NanoRacks Platforms is a multipurpose research facility on board the ISS. NanoRacks Platforms supports NanoRacks Modules in the CubeSat form factor by providing power and data transfer capabilities to operate investigations in microgravity.
Completed Task List Activities:
All activities are complete unless otherwise noted.
- Optimized Propellant Maneuver (OPM) to +XVV (Planned for GMT 23:02)
Three-Day Look Ahead:
- Saturday, 10/13: BCAT Camera ops (NASA), Housekeeping, Off Duty Day
- Sunday, 10/14: Ku-Band String Swap, Off Duty Day
- Monday, 10/15
- Zero-G Battery Test (NASA)
- ARED Quarterly Maintenance
Today’s Planned Activities:
All activities are complete unless otherwise noted.
- Basic Express Rack 10 – Locker 1 Removal
- Columbus cabin restore after Myotones experiment
- mobiPV Questionnaire
- Record COP24 script
- Record UN Forum Script
- Record VDE Summit Script
- Spacetex-2 Final Questionnaire filling
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) ISS Food Intake Tracker (ISS FIT)
- IMS Update
- International Procedure Viewer Tablet Questionnaire
- MELFI 1 Dewar Maintenance
- MELFI 2 Ice Brick Transfer
- Myotones Device Data Transfer
- Myotones Device Setup with EPM Laptop
- Myotones Measurements
- NanoRacks Platform-3 Relocate
- Making a documentary about life onboard the ISS
- Life On The Station Photo and Video
- TIME Perception experiment constraints reminder
- Regenerative Environmental Control and Life Support System (RGN) Wastewater Storage Tank Assembly (WSTA) Fill
- Sextant Navigation Session 6 Operations
- Time experiment science
- USOS Window Shutter Close
- Wanted Poster for Cargo Transfer Bag (CTB) 4288 containing Waste Hygiene Compartment (WHC) Hardware
- Transfer Operations – Pack and stow items on HTV
- HTV Cargo Operations Conference
- ISS Crew and ГОГУ (RSA Flight Control Team) weekly conference
- URAGAN. Observation and photography
- Uragan. Observations and photo (Task list)
- ECON-M. Observations and photo (Task list)
- GREAT START. Battery Charge
- ABOUT GAGARIN FROM SPACE. HAM Radio Session with Kursk students and school children
- Change out of Dust Filter ПФ1-4 Cartridges in SM (ФГБ1ПГО_4_424_1, bag 438-31 (00072886R) or ФГБ1ПГО_4_426, bag 436-3 (00071434R). Discard the removed items. Reflect changes in IMS)
- Filling (separation) of ЕДВ (КОВ) for Elektron-VM or ЕДВ-СВ
- Recharging Samsung tablet in 55S
- Visual inspection and leak check, using US leak detector ULD in the orbital compartment [БО] of Soyuz №739. Report to MCC during comm pass
- OTKLIK. Power off OTKLIK P/L
- Fungistat treatment of overlay panels on FGB interior panels
- Dust collectors ПC1, ПС1 filter cleaning by vacuum cleaner in FGB (panels 203, 403)