MELFI 1/2/3 Nitrogen pressure check: The crew performed a routine pressure check on the 3 MELFI units on board ISS. These checks are performed every 6 months to make sure the expected ~9000-10000 kPa is present in the units. The MELFIs use nitrogen as a working fluid to achieve temperature set points as cold as -95 deg C. The Minus Eighty-Degree Laboratory Freezer for ISS (MELFI) is a cold storage unit that maintains experiment samples at cold temperatures throughout a mission.
Multi-use Variable-g Platform (MVP-1): Following a previous hard drive replacement several weeks ago, the team was not able to command to the unit nominally. Today the crew exchanged another hard drive and the ground team will attempt their commanding again. The commercially developed, owned and operated Techshot MVP includes 2 internal carousels that simultaneously can produce up to 2 g of artificial gravity. MVP is used to conduct research in space with a wide variety of sample types, such as fruit flies, flatworms, plants, fish, cells, protein crystals and many others.
Extravehicular Activity (EVA) Preparations: The crew performed several activities in preparation for the second S6 Battery EVA currently scheduled for Wednesday, July 1. The crew setup the EVA GoPro batteries for charging and then setup the EVA GoPro cameras. They continued charging operations on the Extravehicular Mobility Unit (EMU) Long Life Batteries (LLB) and also charged the Portable Oxygen Monitor (POM) batteries. A procedure review and procedure conference were also completed by the ISS crew and ground support teams.
Extravehicular Activity (EVA) Dynamic Onboard Ubiquitous Graphic (DOUG) Review: The crew performed a visual review of the EVA using the Dynamic Onboard Ubiquitous Graphic (DOUG) software. This session allows the crew to view the step-by-step sequence of a specific EVA. Entire translation paths can be highlighted and displayed for review by crew members prior to performing an EVA.
Max Cycle Ergometer with Vibration Isolation and Stabilization (CEVIS): The crew completed Max CEVIS today which is used by the medical community to evaluate astronauts’ aerobic fitness. The test is performed every 90 days and upon the crew’s arrival and departure from the ISS.
H-II Transfer Vehicle (HTV)9 Cargo Operations: Today, the crew continued to perform HTV9 cargo transfer operations. Ground teams estimate ~3 hours remain to complete available cargo ops.
Completed Task List Activities:
- Food Consolidation
Today’s Ground Activities:
All activities are complete unless otherwise noted.
- US to RS Audio Config/Deconfig for MRM Ops
- A/L LTL Flow Init/Term for Activities in Airlock
- OGA Mode Transition
- Lab MCA Zero Calibration
Look Ahead Plan
Tuesday, 6/30 (GMT 182)
- Plant Hab-02 Latch Evaluation
- TangoLab Card & Cube T/S
- Equipment Lock Prep Pt2
- EVA Procedure Review/Conference
- EVA Tool Config
- EVA Tool Audit
Wednesday, 7/1 (GMT 183)
- No Payload Activities
- S6 1B Battery EVA#2 (Prep and EVA)
Thursday, 7/2 (GMT 184)
- FIR/LMM/CDM Change-Out
- ELF Software Update
- Food Physiology
- RADI-N2 Detector Retrieval and Processing
- HMS Ultrasound
- Post-EVA PHS Exams
- EMU Water Recharge
Today’s Planned Activities:
All activities are complete unless otherwise noted.
- Metal Oxide (METOX) Regeneration Termination
- Transfer Operations – Pack and stow items on HTV
- Extravehicular Mobility Unit (EMU) Long Life Battery (LLB) Terminate
- MATRYOSHKA-R. Tritel Hardware Monitoring
- БМП Ф1 absorption cartridge cycling (start)
- Extravehicular Mobility Unit (EMU) Long Life Battery (LLB)/Metal Oxide (METOX) Installation
- URAGAN. Observation and photography using the camera
- ELEKTRON pre-activation pressurization
- Battery Stowage Assembly (BSA) Operation Termination
- Photo TV EVA Go Pro Battery Charging
- TERMINATOR. Terminator-Limb science hardware install & de-install
- Charging EVA Camera D4 Battery
- Max Cycle Ergometer w/Vibration Isolation & Stabilization (CEVIS) Portable PFS Subject
- SM KURS-P cables reconnect from MRM2 Port Antenna Feeder to DC1 Port Antenna Feeder
- Environmental Health System (EHS) – Formaldehyde Monitoring Kit (FMK) Deployment Operations
- Public Affairs Office (PAO) Event in High Definition (HD) – COL
- Environmental Health System (EHS) Grab Sample Container (GSC) Sampling Operations
- ISS ROS available stowage space audit
- Station Support Computer 16 and Portable Computer System Data Acquisition System Setup
- MELFI 1,2 & 3 Nitrogen Pressure Check
- Multi-use Variable-g Platform Hard Drive Replacement & Historical Documentation Photography
- Recycler Hardware Stow
- Portable Onboard Computers (POC) Dynamic Onboard Ubiquitous Graphics (DOUG) Setup
- Photo TV Battery Charge
- Packing of PK-4 Hard Drives inside Bubble Wrap Bags for return stowage on Soyuz
- SM atmosphere analysis using [ФИТ] analyzer at panel 415
- Extravehicular Activity (EVA) Procedure Review
- Payload Laptop Terminal 4 (PLT4) CMOS battery changeout
- Post-recovery RSS2 software upgrade.
- Comm Config to Support Tagups from MRM1
- SEPARATSIA. [ЦМВД] test activation
- Comm reconfig for nominal ops
- PILOT-T. Experiment Ops.
- Photo TV Extra Vehicular Activity (EVA) Camera Turnaround
- Public Affairs Office (PAO) Event in High Definition (HD) – JEM
- Checking БД-2 treadmill carriage position and photography
- Portable Onboard Computers (POC) Dynamic Onboard Ubiquitous Graphics (DOUG) Software Review
- Extravehicular Activity (EVA) Procedure Conference
- Photo TV GoPro Setup
- UF-ATMOSPHERE. Hardware setup, activation and monitoring