Combustion Integrated Rack/Advanced Combustion via Microgravity Experiments (CIR/ACME)/BRE-2: The crew exchanged a 40% oxygen/60% nitrogen bottle at the manifold 2 location for a new bottle with the same composition. They also replaced the ethylene manifold 4 bottle with a methane bottle, but were not able to open the bottle valve. CIR powered ops for today have been cancelled while the ground team discusses the issue. This was performed in support of the continuing BRE part 2 (Burning Rate Emulator) investigation, which is one of the ACME suite of five gas combustion experiments. The BRE experiment runs are focused on spacecraft fire prevention. More specifically, BRE’s objective is to improve our fundamental understanding of materials flammability and to assess the relevance of existing flammability test methods for low and partial-gravity environments.
Radi-N2 Deploy: Following retrieval from the Russian crew, the eight bubble detectors were deployed in the Cupola area where they will remain for one week. The objective of this Canadian Space Agency investigation is to better characterize the ISS neutron environment, define the risk posed to the crew members’ health, and provide the data necessary to develop advanced protective measures for future spaceflight. It’s been recognized that neutrons make up a significant fraction (10-30%) of the biologically effective radiation exposure in low-Earth orbit. The bubble detectors used in the investigation are designed to detect neutrons and ignore all other radiation.
Toilet Power Cable Install: The crew routed a power cable to support the future installation of the new Toilet System. The cable was delivered on SpX-20 and was identified as a get ahead task in preparation for the new Toilet system arriving on NG-14. The Toilet Power Cable will provide power to the Toilet by connecting Node 3 power to the Toilet Power Box.
Ultrasound Eye Exam: Today the crew used an ultrasound device to perform an eye scan, one of several routine ultrasound eye exams during their stay on ISS. Eye exams are performed regularly onboard in order to monitor crewmember’s eye health. Eyesight is one of many aspects of the human body affected by long-duration stays in a microgravity environment.
In Flight Maintenance (IFM) Ultrasonic Leak Detector Setup: Today, the crew setup and tested the Ultrasonic Leak Detector. The objective was to verify functionality of the PMA1 ULD in preparation for potential upcoming leak checks in the Russian Segment. The crew confirmed all components were functional.
Temperature and Humidity Control (THC) Intermodule Ventilation (IMV) Flow Measurement: As part of system health monitoring, the crew used a Velocicalc tool to measure the amount of airflow through selected ventilation inlets and outlets. Today’s measurements were taken in the Cupola and Bigelow Expandable Aerospace Module (BEAM).
Completed Task List Activities:
- WHC Hardware Consolidate
- Electrostatic Levitation Furnace (ELF) Software upload Cable Disconnection
- JEM Stowage Consolidation for NG-14 Part 2
Today’s Ground Activities:
All activities are complete unless otherwise noted.
- IAS RAUI 3 Troubleshooting (ongoing)
- IAS Config for MRM1 Ops
- Lab MCA Zero Calibration
- MSS Application Computer (MAC) Freespace Commissioning
Look Ahead Plan
Wednesday, 9/23 (GMT 267)
- EML Gas Valve Open
- MELFI Icebrick Insert
- Vection Foam Pad Replacement
- PWD Water Collect
- EHS CFM Process
- Cygnus Rndz OBT
- Cygnus OBT Conf
- HMS OCT Exams
- Cygnus OBT Robotics Rvw
Thursday, 9/24 (GMT 268)
- Astrobee Battery Exchange
- AWP Evaluation Setup
- Food Physiology
- MATISS 2.5 Remove
- MELFI Icebrick Transfer
- Kibo Robot Programming Challenge Rehearsal
- SABL 3 CO2 Controller Install
- HMS OCT Exam – CMO
- EHS TOCA Run
- EHS WWB Changeout
Friday, 9/25 (GMT 269)
- MELFI Dewar Clean & Icebrick Insert
- SABL 1 Tray Insert
- MAX CEVIS
- Cygnus ROBoT OBT
- EHS CFM T+2
- C2V2 Checkout
Today’s Planned Activities:
All activities are complete unless otherwise noted.
- ТБУ (Universal Bioengineering Thermostat). Checking ТБУ-В No.07 thermostat temperature and unobstructed area near ТБУ-В inlet/outlet vents
- URAGAN. SOVA PL and photo equipment closeout ops and stowage
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) Spaceflight Cognitive Assessment Tool for Windows (WinSCAT) Test [ABORTED]
- Combustion Integrated Rack Upper Rack Doors Open/Close
- Combustion Integrated Rack Manifold #2 and #4 Bottle Replacement
- [СТТС] Comm Configuration for MRM1
- SEPARATION. Urine distillation in auto mode using [СРВ-У-РС] urine water regeneration system.
- Preparation for replacement of smoke detectors in FGB Fire Detection and Suppression Subsystem (СПОПТ)
- Collecting atmospheric condensate samples [КАВ] from [СРВ-К2М] up to Gas-Liquid Mixture Filter (ФГС) to Russian samplers, terminate
- Vacuum Cleaning of Dust collectors ПC1, ПС2 filter cartridges in FGB (panels 203, 403)
- Collecting condensate water samples [КАВ] up to [СРВ-К2М] БКО
- Weekly Checkout of RS video recording
- Toilet Power Cable Install
- MATRYOSHKA-R. Tritel Hardware Monitoring
- Adjusting pressure in MRM1 ГК2 gas chamber compensator. Replacement of MRM1 ГК1 compensator АШ1 fitting gasket
- MATRYOSHKA-R. Setup/initialization of BUBBLE-dosimeter sensors and handover to USOS
- Filling (degassing) ЕДВ [КОВ] for Elektron or ЕДВ-[СВ
- MELFI2 Dewar Cleaning Part 1
- MELFI 1 Ice Brick Insert 3
- Radiation Dosimetry Inside ISS-Neutrons Hardware Handover
- Radiation Dosimetry Inside ISS-Neutrons
- MATRYOSHKA-R. BUBBLE-dosimeter initialization and deployment for exposure
- Public Affairs Office (PAO) Event in High Definition (HD) – JEM
- In Flight Maintenance (IFM) Ultrasonic Leak Detector Setup
- Temperature and Humidity Control (THC) Intermodule Ventilation (IMV) Flow Measurement Survey
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) Ultrasound 2 Scan
- URISYS Setup