Out-of-Spec ISS Cabin Pressure Decrease: Last night, the ISS cabin pressure started dropping at the rate of one mmHg/hr. This morning the crew performed leak isolation steps via a series of hatch closures and determined the leak was in the Soyuz 55S habitation module [БО]; a pressure check of the 55S descent module was nominal. Further investigation with the Ultrasonic Leak Detector (ULD) revealed a 2 mm hole behind a panel in the Soyuz Toilet [ACY]. After completing a 10mm repress using 70P Progress, the Russian crew installed of a patch over the hole and ISS stack pressure appears to have stabilized. Ground teams continue to monitor and have started another repress, using Progress resources, to bring ISS atmosphere back to nominal levels.
H-II Transfer Vehicle (HTV)-7 Proximity Communication System (PROX) Review and Checkout:
Today the crew checked PROX Baseband functionality and performance by sending commands to a HTV Simulator at a ground site in Tanegashima, Japan. HTV missions use the PROX system for communication with ISS via a Portable Computer System (PCS) version of the Hardware Command Panel (HCP). This week’s checkout is required to meet the Launch Commit Criteria (LCC) required prior to HTV-7 launch planned on 10 September.
Completed Task List Activities:
All activities are complete unless otherwise noted.
- HTV-7 PROX Checkouts
- NORS O2 Repress [Aborted]
Two-Day Look Ahead:
- EXPRESS Rack 5 Rotate and Payload Valve Inspection
- PCG 13 microscope ops
- GRASP reconfiguration to free floating and troubleshooting
- Sextant Navigation Session 5
- EMU 3006 and 3008 Loop Scrub and Iodination
- EVA Systems Operations Data File (SODF) Update
- Eye Exams
Saturday, 08/31: Crew Off-Duty, Weekly Housekeeping
Today’s Planned Activities:
The following activities were aborted due to today’s off-nominal event on ISS.
- Makita Battery Charge
- URAGAN Observations and Photography
- GRASP experiment constraints reminder
- Ultrasound 2 HRF Rack 1 Power On
- On-Orbit Hearing Assessment (O-OHA)
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) Ultrasound
- Atomization syringe replacement 2
- Preparation for АСП (Network Adapter) installation in MRM2 for future PL.
- PROFILAKTIKA-2. Preparation for the experiment.
- Acoustic Monitor Setup for Static Measurements
- GRIP partial stowage
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) Ultrasound Post Exams
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) OCT Setup
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) Spaceflight Cognitive Assessment Tool for Windows (WinSCAT) Test
- PROFILAKTIKA-2. БД-2 Treadmill Experiment Ops
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) – OCT Exams
- GRASP science performance in seated position
- N2 Nadir Hatch to Unlatch Hardstop
- Repairs of SM Interior Panel to Install cover panels (Panel 429).
- СТТС Configuration for MRM2 comm
- Installation of Network Connection Adapter (АСП), routing and connecting СУБА cables in MRM2
- Nitrogen/Oxygen Recharge System O2 Repress Part 1
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) OCT Stow
- Regenerative Environmental Control and Life Support System (RGN) Wastewater Storage Tank Assembly (WSTA) Fill
- СОЖ maintenance
- Public Affairs Office (PAO) Event in High Definition (HD)
- MSRR Quick Disconnect Inspection
- Repairs of SM interior panel to Install overlay sheets (Panel 430)
- Stand-alone functional test of АСП-MRM2.
- Extravehicular Activity (EVA) Tool Configuring
- PCG-13 Microscope Ops
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) – ESA Nutritional Assessment
- Comm reconfig for nominal ops
- NeuroMapping Experiment Neurocognitive Test
- Nitrogen/Oxygen Recharge System O2 Repress Part 2
- ИК0501 Gas Analyzer H2O and Air flow channel adjustment using ИГ-3.
- Sextant Navigation Session 5 Operations
- Photo/TV Airlock Minicam Swap
- HTV PCS HCP Checkout (Side B)
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) Fundoscope Prep
- On-Orbit Hearing Assessment (O-OHA) with EarQ Software Setup and Test
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) Eye Exam – Fundoscope
- Flight Director/ISS CREW CONFERENCE
- Health Maintenance System (HMS) Fundoscope Tear Down and Stow
- ECON-L. Observations and photo