Launch Weather: More than 90 Percent ‘Go’

Weather is expected to cooperate with NASA’s and SpaceX’s launch plans this evening. According to the U.S. Air Force’s 45th Weather Squadron, there is less than a 10 percent chance of conditions violating launch rules, meaning the weather is 90 percent “go” for launch.

Launch-watchers gathered at viewing areas across Florida’s Space Coast are being treated to clear skies and temperatures in the low 70s as the countdown continues. Liftoff of NASA’s TESS spacecraft aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket remains scheduled for 6:51 p.m., the opening of a 30-second launch window.